It’s insanely easy to see all of the Marvel films in chronological sequence with Disney Plus, which comprises virtually all of the most up-to-date entries in the MCU. Our complete information on watching the (*3*) outlines two fundamental approaches: you may recreate the theatrical expertise by sorting by launch date or watch them in chronological order to follow the Avengers on their journeys.
Marvel Movies in Order
Creating a Marvel film chronology can be divided into two important approaches. In the first choice, the films are listed launch date form, starting with IRON MAN. In the second choice, the Marvel movies are listed chronologically, following the events of every movie. In addition, it would be useful to promote CAPTAIN AMERICA: THE FIRST AVENGER to the prime of the precedence list and reorder Phase Three’s movie slate in new methods. Here is our most up-to-date tip for what to see when the Marvel films come out.
Marvel Movie Release Order
First and foremost, here’s how to view the Marvel movies in the sequence they were released. It’s important to keep in mind that Marvel movies are divided into Phases, with the completion of a Phase typically signaling the conclusion of a plot arc that was beforehand established. Thus, the starting of a Phase is marked by the arrival of new and noteworthy characters.
We’ll go through Phases 1 through 4 in the sequence they were released. Yes, this includes WandaVision/Falcon and The Winter Soldier/Loki and other characters. No, they aren’t films, however the Marvel Cinematic Universe is evolving shortly that the Disney Plus episodes have become equally important.
Captain America’s story begins in World War II, however by the time he awakens in current day New York, the story ends in the late 2000s. Nick Fury is the next character he meets. It is nonetheless not the first time we’re going to see the former head of SHIELD – that occurred in the 2008 movie Iron Man, with events in that film occurring prior to the finish of Captain America: Civil War.
We favor to watch Marvel films in the order that they were released, thus we watch them in chronological order. Fans of the Marvel Cinematic Universe will view them in their method – some may even incorporate the TV episodes in their marathon binge-watching periods. However, in our opinion, the answer to “how to watch the Marvel movies in sequence” is easy: binge-watch them in the order they were released.
How to Watch Marvel Movie in Release Order?
- Iron Man (May 2, 2008)
- The Incredible Hulk (June 13, 2008)
- Iron Man 2 (May 7, 2010)
- Thor (May 6, 2011)
- Captain America: The First Avenger (July 22, 2011)
- Marvel’s The Avengers (May 4, 2012)
- Iron Man 3 (May 3, 2013)
- Thor: The Dark World (November 8, 2013)
- Captain America: The Winter Soldier (April 4, 2014)
- Guardians of the Galaxy (August 1, 2014)
- Avengers: Age of Ultron (May 1, 2015)
- Ant-Man (July 17, 2015)
- Captain America: Civil War (May 6, 2016)
- Doctor Strange (November 4, 2016)
- Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 (May 5, 2017)
- Spider-Man: Homecoming (July 7, 2017)
- Thor: Ragnarok (November 3, 2017)
- Black Panther (February 16, 2018)
- Avengers: Infinity War (April 27, 2018)
- Ant-Man and the Wasp (July 6, 2018)
- Captain Marvel (March 8, 2019)
- Avengers: Endgame (April 26, 2019)
- Spider-Man: Far From Home (July 2, 2019)
- Wandavision (TV collection) (January, 2021)
- The Falcon and The Winter Soldier (TV collection) (March, 2021)
- Loki season 1 (TV collection) (June, 2021)
- Black Widow (ninth July 2021)
- Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings (third September 2021)
- Eternals (fifth November 2021)
- Hawkeye (twenty fourth November 2021)
- Spider-Man: No Way Home (seventeenth December 2021)
- Moon Knight (TV present -Thirtieth March 2022)
- Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness (sixth May 2022)
- Thor: Love and Thunder (eighth July 2022)
- Black Panther: Wakanda Forever (eleventh November 2022)
- She-Hulk (TV present – 2022)
- Ms Marvel (TV series- mid-2022)
- Secret Invasion (TV present – 2022)
- The Guardians of the Galaxy Holiday Special (TV particular – December 2022)
- The Marvels (seventeenth February 2023)
- Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3 (fifth May 2023)
- Ant-Man and the Wasp: Quantumania (twenty eighth July 2023)
- Fantastic Four (Movie – TBA)
Marvel Movie Chronological Order
Let’s start with the MCU movies, introduced in chronological sequence. It means that you’ll be seeing the Marvel films in which they happen, as in chronological order. You’ll start with Captain America’s origin story throughout World War II and end with Spider-Man: No Way Home, which takes place in 2023 however is formally set in 1942.
The presence of Eternals complicates issues additional by introducing flashbacks to eras of time that predate Captain America’s inception. However, to avoid any more misunderstanding over the location of Eternals in the Marvel Cinematic Universe chronology, we’ve positioned it precisely before No Way Home.
Some of the other dates and occasions are unclear. Movies like Black Widow, Spider-Man: Homecoming, Black Panther, and Doctor Strange, for occasion, all take place round the same time period. It’s tough to inform where these Marvel Cinematic Universe movies fall into the more in depth Marvel chronology without an official Marvel timeline evaluation from the firm. Here’s what we might do based mostly on the data that we had.
We’ve also included the Marvel tv reveals that have been rescheduled to coincide with Avengers: Endgame.
WandaVision takes place a few weeks after the events of Endgame; The Falcon and the Winter Soldier takes place six months after Endgame, so both of these films are set before Spider-Man: Far From Home. After the events of The Avengers, Loki takes place in an various actuality — which means it should be seen after Avengers: Endgame if you have the opportunity.
Loki’s first animated collection, , is similar to that of Marvel’s first animated collection. We have seen both on the large display screen and small display screen as a result of it is set in a bigger universe. Finally, Hawkeye is set a year following the events of Endgame.
How to watch Marvel Movie in Chronological Order?
To view the Marvel films and Disney Plus collection in chronological order, follow these steps:
- Captain America: The First Avenger (1942)
- Captain Marvel (1995)
- Iron Man (2010)
- Iron Man 2 (2011)
- The Incredible Hulk (2011)
- Thor (2011)
- The Avengers (2012)
- Iron Man 3 (2012)
- Thor: The Dark World (2013)
- Captain America: The Winter Soldier (2014)
- Guardians of the Galaxy (2014)
- Guardians of the Galaxy 2 (2014)
- Avengers: Age of Ultron (2015)
- Ant-Man (2015)
- Captain America: Civil War (2016)
- Black Widow (2016, excluding put up-credit scene)
- Spider-Man: Homecoming (2016)
- Doctor Strange (2016-2017)
- Black Panther (2017)
- Thor: Ragnarok (2017)
- Avengers: Infinity War (2017)
- Ant-Man and the Wasp (2017)
- Avengers: Endgame (2017-2022)
- Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings (2023)
- Spider-Man: Far From Home (2023)
- Eternals (2023, excluding flashbacks)
- Spider-Man: No Way Home (2024)
Which order is finest to watch?
While the fundamental plot is sensible regardless of how you watch the movies, if this is your first time in the MCU, you should start by viewing them in the sequence they were released. It is the launch order in which the movies were released. Still, it also permits you to see the growth and refinement of the MCU narrative as Marvel Studios sorted out the bugs and mastered the artwork of making a Marvel film all through the time.
Watching the Marvel movies in chronological sequence, on the other hand, is a rewarding expertise if you’ve watched the majority of them or all of them. No half of the film is altered as a result, however it is unusual to see “Captain Marvel” so early and then wait for another 20 films for Brie Larson’s character to be addressed once more. However, it helps you recognize how properly Marvel refitted their prequel movies into the established canon of the franchise.
MCU Non-marvel Movies
We’ve arrived at the most perplexing half of the story: the multiverse. Thanks to Spider-Man: No Way Home, we’ve seen a slew of Spider-Man villains from throughout the universe appear in the Marvel Cinematic Universe, and correctly comprehend everybody’s motivations and aims in No Way Home, you’ll need to have seen a good number of prior Spider-Man movies.
In three alternate timelines, Tobey Maguire may or may not be Spider-Man, Andrew Garfield may be Spider-Man, and Tom Hardy’s Eddie Brock may or may not become Venom.
There’s also the minor problem of Netflix’s Marvel collection having a tenuous presence in the Marvel Cinematic Universe. They’ll even be showing on Disney Plus shortly. At the second, they will stay out of the image, however they will all happen after 2012’s Avengers.
Frequently Asked Questions
Does Marvel have a part 5?
Phase 4 of the MCU begins right this moment, and Marvel Studios is already looking forward to Phase 5 and past with more than one Avengers crew. Marvel Studios has teased the Avengers crew for Phase 5 as Phase 4 begins.
Marvel has three phases. What are they?
We study about every of the Avengers in Phase 1. The second part offers with the aftermath of The Avengers. Avengers: Age of Ultron (and the introduction of new heroes) set the stage for the horrifying Avengers: Infinity War, followed by Avengers: Endgame.
Spiderman is in which part of his life?
It has initially been deliberate that Ant-Man would be the first movie of Phase Three. However, it was modified to be the last movie of Phase Two. As a similar instance, Spider-Man: Far From Home was initially designated to be the first movie of Phase Four however was later renamed the last movie of Phase Three.
What are the probabilities of an Avengers film?
According to Kevin Feige, Avengers: Endgame will be the last Avengers film. Kevin Feige, the president of Marvel Studios, has called Avengers: Endgame the last Avengers movie.
Is Black Widow’s sister going to be a part of the Avengers?
Since Hawkeye made her emotions about Earth’s Mightiest Heroes clear, Yelena Belova (Florence Pugh) seemingly will by no means become an Avenger. The Black Widow put up-credit scene established Yelena’s intent to kill Clint Barton (Jeremy Renner) in New York City.