RBI Bans Paytm Payments Bank

Author:


“Serious supervisory concerns” have been raised about RBI Bans Paytm Payments Bank. The lender has been ordered to totally study its data know-how system and droop onboarding new shoppers instantly. In a resolution printed right now, the Reserve Bank of India said that(*3*) would be prohibited from attracting new shoppers. It will only be permitted to add new shoppers when the RBI has reviewed its audit report and discovered it ample.

RBI Bans Paytm Payments Bank

Paytm Payments Bank was ordered to halt onboarding new shoppers with fast impact by the Reserve Bank of India, which was performing under its authority under Section 35A of the Banking Regulation Act, 1949, according to a press launch. According to the RBI, the financial institution has also been ordered to rent an data know-how audit firm to carry out a complete System Audit of its data know-how system.

The central financial institution said this motion had been taken due to some extreme supervisory issues recognized within the financial institution. In 2017, the Reserve Bank of India (RBI) granted clearance to Paytm Payments Bank, granting it a license.

In addition, the Reserve Bank of India has requested the financial institution to rent an impartial auditor to conduct a complete evaluation of its data know-how system.

Paytm Payments Bank Ltd may be sued under Section 35 A of the Banking Regulation Act, 1949, according to a press launch. With fast impact, the Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has instructed Paytm Payments Bank Ltd to stop accepting new shoppers by its powers, including those granted under Section 35A of the Banking Regulation Act, 1949.”

“The financial institution has also been ordered to rent an data know-how audit firm to undertake a full System Audit of its data know-how system. As soon as the Reserve Bank of India has reviewed the report from the IT auditors, it will give particular approval for Paytm Payments Bank Ltd. to onboard new shoppers. A press launch said a number of supervisory issues had been detected in the financial institution.

Is Paytm Payments Bank Going to Be Discontinued?

The firm’s Paytm Payments Bank, which has an huge scale amongst all payment banks, generated a internet revenue of Rs 17.88 crore on Rs 1,987.84 crore for the fiscal year ending March 31, 2021, according to Paytm’s IPO prospectus. One97 Communications holds a 49 % inventory stake in Paytm Payments Bank, with the remaining 51 % held by Vijay Shekhar Sharma, according to public filings.

RBI Bans Paytm Payments Bank

A Noida-based department of Paytm Payments Bank formally launched its operations in May 2017 in August 2016. HDFC Bank was forbidden from introducing any new digital items or companies and issuing any new credit score cards by the Reserve Bank of India (RBI) till the establishment rectified recurrent technical considerations.

The Paytm Payments Bank

In 2015, Paytm Payments Bank (PPBL) was created in Noida, India, and is the nation’s largest funds establishment. As of 2015, the firm is licensed as a funds financial institution by the Reserve Bank of India. It was first made available in November 2017.

As of August 2020, Vijay Shekhar Sharma owns 51 % of the enterprise, with One97 Communications Limited proudly owning 39 % and a three way partnership between Vijay Shekhar Sharma and One97 Communications proudly owning the remaining ten % of the agency’s inventory. There are more than 64 million clients of the firm as of April 2021.

The Reserve Bank of India

India’s central financial institution and the regulatory company is the Reserve Bank of India (RBI). Indian Reserve Bank issues and distributes the rupee and supervises and regulates the nation’s financial sector. Additionally, it oversees the main payment networks in the nation and helps the nation improve its economic growth. This department of the Reserve Bank of India (RBI) mints Indian banknotes and cash, one of its specialised departments.

To oversee India’s payment and settlement programs, the Reserve Bank of India created a specialised division called the National Payments Corporation of India. To provide deposit insurance coverage and credit score assure companies to all Indian banks, the Reserve Bank of India fashioned a specialised division designated as the Deposit Insurance and Credit Guarantee Corporation.



Thank You for visiting

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.